Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guess who is doing a pageant?!

Next Wednesday I will begin my LAST semester of my undergraduate career. Which is an outrageous thought. After these past 5 years I never thought this day would come! Thank the lord! But the frequently asked question is what's next? What will I do with a bachelors in psychology? Grad school? Get a job? Travel the world? Join a side show circus? And I have been very vague with my plans with most because I wasn't (still aren't) too sure how my plan for the next year will pan out but it is time for the BIG reveal on what I am doing! I know you are all dying.

Last spring I was approached about entering a pageant. Yes a pageant. But this isn't just any pageant, this is one for women who are wheelchair bound more often than not. It is called the Ms. Wheelchair American Pageant. I declined last year because I had a lot going on plus I got really sick just before the pageant. However, this coming year seemed perfect, I am not ready to jump right into grad school I want to do something first. The pageant seems like the perfect opportunity to get my story out there, network, and just bring awareness to the life a disabled person.

Alright, in all I will be participating in the state qualifying pageant this March. In hopes to win the title of Ms. Wheelchair Ohio, after that I will compete in the National pageant. If I win the Ohio title I will spend the next year traveling Ohio holding events on disability awareness and IF I win the National pageant I would get to travel the whole country making appearances at different events. So this is where you guys come in. I need support both emotional and finical. I haven't figured out how I will be accepting donations, this is the first time I have ever done this. I will be making a plan of action and give you more details soon, once I figure this all out. But right now it is time for me to start getting ready for Blake Shelton concert!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You can count on my support financially and also prayerfully! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been following your blog for a while, and I want to say good luck!!

      Delete