Monday, May 20, 2013

Wedding Planning Vent

Well here we are just shy of 3 months till the wedding and I am still not sure where the time has gone! Most of the planning is done, and all the events are planned. This summer is going to be a wild and crazy ride!

This blog is more a vent session for myself than anything else. Since October I have been working my ass off to be able to walk down the aisle, while it has been going MUCH better than it ever has in the past but is still not going as well as I want it to. There are many days I leave therapy wanting to quit and just wheel down the aisle. But then I remember the promise I made to myself in the hospital many years ago, that I would walk down the aisle, so here I am going to Detroit 3 times a week for three hours trying to make this dream come true. At this point I know that I can walk down the aisle but it won't be as pretty as I want or even look like a normal person walk ( which is what I wanted more than anything, to just be "normal" for a night), but I have to keep reminding myself that at least I will be upright, taking steps and fulfilling a promise I made to myself. And that is what keeps me going, that and knowing I am marrying a man who could careless how I get down the aisle just as long as I get there.

I guess there is a slight point for this blog and it is to remind all the ladies out there planning a wedding to savor the moments. Enjoy this time and be thankful for what you can have at your wedding, not what you can't afford or who is trying to control your wedding. Just be thankful, just be happy, try not to stress and enjoy the wild ride of planning a wedding....

2 comments:

  1. I admire your perseverance and look forward to meeting you. You're marrying a great guy; don't tell him I said that.

    ReplyDelete