Friday, December 9, 2011

Don't forget A reason for the season

I know family time can feel like this sometimes  :)
Christmas such a magical beautiful time. All about Jesus, presents, cookies, Santa, the lights, trees, and FAMILY. It is a time of year that makes my heart feel so full and excited for the possibilities of making new family memories. Growing up I always looked forward to the time spent with my families and giving the most perfect gift to everyone I love. But this time of year is a time when feeling the loss of my loved ones is refreshed. I haven't experienced too much loss in my life, although the ones I have lost have been some of the hardest to lose. The most obvious is my Charlie. The pain I feel around this time of year is more for his family knowing they would give anything to have him there even for just a moment. When so many take their loved ones for granted, not knowing what true loss feels like. Another one would be my Papa. I actually lost him on December 23rd almost 7 years ago. He and I were very close and I was just getting to the age where I was learning how cherish my time with him. I know everyone loses their grandparents at some point but he was just a few months shy of his 70th birthday and it was too sudden. After losing both of these guys I have trained myself to enjoy the moments with my loved ones focusing on memories. I also never forget to let my loved ones know how much I care about them. Ask any of my friends I am constantly telling them how much I love them, they may get tired of hearing it but at least I know they will never wonder what my true feelings are. So I guess I am just reminding everyone to take a moment from the hustle and bustle of the commercialization of Christmas and remind those who you love just how much they really meant to you. Because there will be a time when you will give just about anything for one more hug or one more chance to tell them you love them. I can't tell you how many times I have begged God for just a moment to give my Papa a hug or to hear that encouragement he gave to me so well. And I know right now one of my friends is wishing he had his mom back after losing her to complications of a surgery one year ago today. So you never know when that moment of tragedy will strike and nothing will ever be the same. Thank Jesus for those you have and the moments you have with them.
Miss you all the time Papa


This post is dedicated to Aunt Risa. She was an amazing mother, as well as a kind soul.You were taken too soon but God's timing is hardly ever our timing. Hope you are enjoying heaven, know we are missing you down here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment