Thursday, July 21, 2011

Here we go...

For years I have wanted to start a blog but couldnt because of lawsuits, my own fears of it sucking and junk like that. Now I am free from it all after 5  years and think it is time to finally do what I think will help me heal and hopefully help others heal/grow as well. I have always said I had to go through all of this with no one to relate to (in the very beginning that is)and quickly found out that once I found people who understood my feelings it changed everything for me. So in all I just want this to be a blog where anyone can get some advice, validation, or a new understanding of whatever.

I guess I will start with how I came into all of this. I am going to assume for now most who read this know the details of my car accident, if not, maybe in another blog I will tell the whole story. For now I will just say the summer after my junior year myself and 4 friends where in a terrible car accident that killed my best friend and left me paralyzed from the waist down with pretty extensive internal injuries.  It was a journey that no 17 year old could be prepared for but yet there I was forced to face the reality of never walking again and everything I once knew would never be the same. It was a tough road and still is. I can tell you that it has been a crazy roller coaster over these past few years. But so far I have survived and can tell you I sit here a better, stronger person because of it all. Most of my entries will just be about my daily life, the obstacles I face, and just the process of healing I am still in.

In all I hope whoever reads this enjoys it and if it sucks please tell me. I don't want to embarrass myself.

Also this is a disclaimer I am going to be very honest and up front about things that go on in my life. So family or friends that may get offended by something I say just know I don't want to attack or hurt anyone, these are just my feelings. Or if I say anything that makes you uncomfortable I am sorry, this is who I am. My life is an open book and I believe people can't truly learn from me if I choose to hide aspects of my life. Well let's hope this goes well.. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment