Sunday, July 31, 2011

Vacation!!

Well everyone I am heading out on vacation here in the next few days for a nice long trip to sunny Arizona. And I thought I would get in a quick entry before I leave. I am not completely sure when I will be able to get another one in. So I figures I would just tell a pretty hilarious story that happened to me while shopping last week. Yep everyone it is a fantastic wheelchair story.

So my mom sister and I decided to go up to Great Lakes Crossing for some outlet fun. Mind you this was all of ours first time going. Towards the end of the day my sister wanted to look at earrings. So we are looking and of course a sales lady is following us around pointing out different ones. And when she walked up my mom and sister were sitting down in the chairs they had out. She was pointing out some earrings and said to us now you need to stand up and look over the earrings so you can really get the effect. Mom and sister stand up look and of course I just sit there. The lady repeats herself you really have to stand up and look at it. She says it three more times before she looks right at me and says you need to stand up and look at it. I didn't know how to break the news to her that it was an impossible task she was requesting and before I could think of something to spare her feelings my sister pipes up. Saying she can't stand. That is when the lady looks over and sees the wheelchair. I am sure she was completely embarrassed but she played it off better than I have ever seen she says " Oh my gosh I didn't see the chair  and I am sorry, but I was thinking in my head why isn't this girl listening to me! She really needs to stand her ass up." She came around and showed me the earrings and we all got a good laugh. This is definitely one of those awesome wheelchair moments that give me a good laugh.

Off to do more packing! I will keep you all updated on how the trip goes :)

2 comments:

  1. How in the world did I miss your first 3 posts!! Very funny story, sales ladies must have felt really dumb! :) At least u all could laugh about it! Have fun on your trip! Can't wait to read more blogs :D

    ReplyDelete