Wednesday, August 31, 2011

T.V. Debut

I am sure everyone is just dying to know how this whole Dr. Drew thing happened. Well I will tell you the events and I am sure most of you will not believe it because it is such a crazy story!!!

We will begin with Monday of this week, I was doing my regular routine of therapy and home for my massage. When during my massage I got a phone call from an old friend from high school David Miller. Now sorry David but I almost ignored your call because I rarely let phone calls disrupt my massage but I figured I haven't hard from the kid in years there had to be a pretty specific reason for the call. I answered and he told me that a guy who he graduated college with at Miami of Ohio had got ahold of him asking for my number because he worked for the Dr. Drew show in L.A. and they wanted me on. I was very shocked. I told David to give him my number I was completely interested, because anyone who knows me knows that my goal since the accident is to share my story with everyone possible. In hopes to prevent another horrible tragedy from ever happening. 

After I hung up the phone I told my massage therapist all about the call and honestly assumed I would probably not hear from them for a few more days (if ever). Boy was I wrong, I didn't even get the whole story out to my massage therapist, that my phone rang and it was one of the assistant producers from the show ( the one who knows David) asking me to tell him my story and if I would be interested in doing the show. Obviously I said yes, but I was so curious how they found me. Well apparently they are doing the show on road rage and when they searched road rage in the internet my story popped up. They looked me up on Facebook, noticed we had a lot of mutual friends and then he realized it was because we have the same hometown!  Yep ladies and gentlemen we have a Toledo boy in L.A. workin hard! 

Anyways I was totally on board and then they broke the news the taping was THIS Thursday! They would pay for airfare, hotel, and rides to each, so it was a chance I just couldn't pass up. I said yes and decided to skip my classes on those days. Which really was a tough decision because they aren't classes I can just freely skip. But this is a once in a life time opportunity and a chance to get some experience in what I actually want to do with my life (public speaking). So in the end after numerous phone calls, here I am poolside in Burbank, CA with my dad getting ready to meet the producers and do the taping tomorrow. 

Although this is shocking, crazy, and unexpected I know why this happened, it is because this has been god's plan all along and he is showing me that me being patient all these years he made it happen in the most perfect way.

I don't know the air date of my episode still, I will definitely let everyone know as soon as I do. The name of the show is Life Changers with Dr. Drew on the CW at 3:00pm. Thanks for all the support everyone, I never could have made it this far without the love and kind words you all poor onto me in my weakest moments.

1 comment:

  1. You go Steavie!!!
    Praying for you! I have not seen you for a while at NorthPoint but pray for you often. Have fun in CA while you are there. I am sure you will do great with Dr. Drew! I love his shows! Hope to see you when you get back ;-)
    God Bless!!! LouAnn

    ReplyDelete